Building CATALYST Integrates and Automates Preconstruction
It's not good to automate a broken system. A high-performance system removes standalone or disparate tools and processes that get in the way. Building CATALYST simplifies, organizes, standardizes, integrates, and - then - automates the preconstruction process.
Building CATALYST provides function-based information modeling (as in, BIM) that transforms the planning, preconstruction, and production. CATALYST also provides a lean, integrated and automated knowledge system - replacing an array of disconnected spreadsheets, Word documents, and other files.
Here are just a few benefits:
- Reliably model (predict) a facility’s program, scope, schedule, and costs – starting in the early planning and design phases.
- Facilitate set-based design through rapid - even real-time - prototyping of multiple whole-building solutions
- Automate the budgeting/estimating of predictable project scope - so that the risky, non-predictable work can be focused on
- Provide impartial targets and budget
- Guide the facility design to agreed target values
- Readily access the most important information
- Augment process and value improvement initiatives
What’s the secret? The secret is found in an integrated knowledge system of critical interdependent attributes – across all key stakeholders: owner, designer, and building team. The facility’s functions are the most important attributes. Several other important attributes further refine your project’s program, scope, schedule and cost management.
You can experience the power of a completely integrated system of causes (e.g. functions and constraints) and effects (from program to cost). This starts with the functions and then ends with the costs of the function. Your customer doesn’t care how much the steel costs, but has a stake in how much each exam room, patient bed or classroom costs.
In pre-design, we allow you to access and update all critical data and information in one self-contained solution with ease, and in real-time. Moving into the design, you experience a seamless exchange of critical data between Building Catalyst, program tools (e.g dRofus), design BIM (e.g. Revit), and other downstream estimating, and scheduling tools.