Building CATALYST is for owners reps, planning consultants, and large owners. CATALYST provides a powerful knowledge resourse and automation for you to plan, budget and manage projects. We can either train you and work beside you until you are proficient, or we can serve as your automation partner by driving Building CATALSYT for you. Either way, you can benefit from a more reliable – data-driven – solution for managing project costs. Here’s how we benefit you:
Early Planning - Prior to investing in space programming, you can:
- Perform feasibility study for a potential building or master program
- Model and compare a variety site and/or building options
- Model and compare building new, or adding on to your existing and/or renovating.
- Produce a broad-based space program including departmental gross areas, supporting spaces and core/common spaces, along with massing and costs.
- Produce a more reliable budget basis from which to make decisions.
Programming – From one or more proposed space programs, you can:
- Validate and/or analyze the proposed program by running comparisons against the market baseline or from your other project benchmarks.
- Update the scope, schedule and cost predictions based on proposed program. Again, you will have a more reliable budget basis from which to make decisions.
- Provide prospective architects with a well-defined project scope and budget to help reduce the uncertainty and risk in proposing on design services.
Design – From one or more conceptual or schematic design solutions, you can:
- Validate and/or analyze the proposed design(s) test fits
- Rapidly prototype and compare multiple design solutions in data model form, before investing in expensive drawings and renderings.
- Perform due diligence – focusing on the high variation budget areas (site, subsurface, environmental, regulations, etc.) to reduce uncertainty.
- Track development and help steer design toward budget or target values.
- Provide prospective CM or builder with a well-defined project scope, design, and budget from which to propose services.
- Provide impartial analysis and comparison to the CM or builder’s estimates. Focus on major variations for further research and study to revolve variations.
- Continue to track schedule and cost to insure project is proceeding according to plan.
This is all possible because of a robust data processing approach, together with the collection and analysis of hundreds of real-world projects.
Learn more in our Why? What? How? When and Where? pages.
If interested in discussing or scheduling a live demo, feel free to contact us at: Info@buildingcatalyst.com