Construction has seen a flood of new, expensive technologies over the past several years. But they all only address a particilar silo - further entrenching our already siloed structures. Building CATALYST is the only technical solution that helps integrate and automate processes across the organization. For builders willing to structure their data, CATALYST provides a powerful knowledge and automation system.
Building CATALYST applies autonomation – a Toyota concept providing the best combination of what the computer is good at with what the cost pro is good at. The computer takes away the tedious effort associated with the “common” causes that impact projects. This frees up your precon professionals to focus on the “special causes” that make the difference between successful and problematic projects. CATALYST provides an easy computer-to-human interface to integrate the common and special causes.
Here’s how Building CATALYST can help you:
- Perform a thorough analysis of the owner’s information: scope, program, design, and budget as applicable. Know how each of these compares to the market average.
- Respond to RFP’s with objective knowledge that your competitors don't have access to apart from CATALYST.
- As appropriate, model and present scope and design options to achieve higher value.
- Provide impartial cost models from market average baseline. Owner’s appreciate impartial analysis.
Improved Cost Modeling and Estimating
- Perform cost modeling from the space program and early designs.
- Perform comparative cost models against the owners budget, your estimates, or trade contractor estimates.
- Replace your manual Excel-based or 3rd Party Estimating tools with an autonomation approach.
- Apply baseline (market average) data and/or benchmarks from your own project history (from structured data).
- Validate and/or analyze the proposed program and design by running comparisons against the market baseline or from your other benchmark projects.
- In design meetings, automatically update the model in minutes based on different design ideas. Eliminate the weekly cycle times usually associated with design updates. Propose options and model results to reliably inform decisions.
- Automate the process of balancing the scope, design, and budget.
- Maintain a running account of each step in the design for ready tracking or back-tracking of design decision. More effectively steer design toward budget or target values.
- Improve the due diligence process by focusing on the high variation budget areas (site, subsurface, environmental, regulations, etc.) to reduce uncertainty and risk.
- Transition from cost modeling to cost estimating as design and due diligence information is provided. Estimate in CATALYST, or import detailed results from another estimating app.
- Produce trade contractor estimates and scopes of work to help in the procurement process.
- Continue to track schedule and cost to insure project is proceeding according to plan.
This is all possible because of a robust data processing approach behind Building CATALYST. But the real power is in data. Builders willing to apply the CATALYST data standards throughout the preconstruction and contracting process will soon be smarter than any of their (non-CATALYST) competitors.
Learn more in our Why? What? How? When and Where? pages.
If interested in discussing or scheduling a live demo, feel free to contact us at: Info@buildingcatalyst.com