Building CATALYST provides a powerful computer-assisted solution for you to model and estimate construction costs. If you can think in the terms of the owner’s business case – which is the purpose for the building – then we can train you, and work beside you, until you become your customer’s most valued strategic partner.
Building CATALSYT applies autonomation – a Toyota concept providing the best combination of what the computer is good at with what the cost specialist is good at. The computer takes away the tedious effort associated with the “common” causes that impact projects. This frees up your cost specialist to focus on the “special causes” that make or break most projects. CATALYST provides an easy computer-to-human interface to integrate the common and special causes.
Here’s how Building CATALYST can help you:
- Winning Work
- Perform a thorough analysis of the owner’s information: scope, program, design, and budget as applicable. Know how each of these compares to the market average.
- Respond to RFP’s with objective knowledge that your competitors would have no access to apart from CATALYST.
- As appropriate, provide scope and design options to achieve high value.
- Provide impartial cost models from market average baseline. Owner’s love impartial analysis.
- Preconstruction Services:
- Validate and/or analyze the proposed program and design by running comparisons against the market baseline or from your other project benchmarks.
- In design meetings, automatically update the model in minutes based on different design ideas. Eliminate the weekly cycle times usually associated with design updates. Propose options and model results to reliably inform decisions.
- Automate the process of balancing the scope, design, and budget.
- Maintain a running account of each step in the design for ready tracking or back-tracking of design decision. More effectively steer design toward budget or target values.
- Informed due diligence enables focusing on the high variation budget areas (site, subsurface, environmental, regulations, etc.) to reduce uncertainty and risk.
- Transition from cost modeling to cost estimating as design and due diligence information is provided. Estimate in CATALYST, or import detailed results from another estimating app.
- Produce trade contractor estimate and scopes of work to help in the procurement process.
- Continue to track schedule and cost to insure project is proceeding according to plan.
This is all possible because of a robust data processing approach behind Building CATALYST. But the real power is in data. We’ve been collecting and analyzing data from a wide range of real-world projects.
This Why Building CATALYST provides important background and vision. Also, this How Catalyst Works, shows the step-by-step process for modeling and managing projects in CATALYST.
If interested, please contact us at: Info@buildingcatalyst.com